The Emmy Burger is responsible for millions of Instagram likes, and now you can make the famous dish for yourself! Served at Emily and Matt Hyland’s flagship restaurants, Emily and Emmy Squared, the Emmy Burger tops many New York City “Best Burger” lists thanks to a duo of rich sauces and flavorful ingredients all around.
That’s why it’s no surprise the recipe was included in the Hyland’s debut cookbook – Emily: The Cookbook Pizza, Burgers and More. The dish boasts a collection of umami-rich ingredients such as gochujang – Korean fermented chili paste – and caramelized onions, that combine into “mouthful after mouthful of lusciousness.” For those who are up to the challenge, the cookbook also includes a variation on the original recipe known as the two-patty Emmy Double Stack Burger – a eight-patty burger topped with American cheese. Serve with fries and cornichons and wait for the meat sweats to set in.
Check out the Emmy Burger recipe below and pick up the Hyland’s cookbook for additional recipes such as the iconic Emily Detroit pan pizza and Nguyen’s hot wings with ranch dip.
The Emmy Burger
Makes 4 servings
For the burgers:
• 28 ounces (800 g) dry-aged burger meat, or substitute with your favorite cut
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 4 slices (1/4 inch/6 mm thick) sharp white Cheddar, preferably Grafton Village, about 3 oz (85 g) total
• 4 pretzel buns, split crosswise
• 2 tbsps unsalted butter, at room temperature (for spreading)
• Caramelized onions, warmed as desired
For the Nguyen sauce:
• 1/3 cup of sugar
• 1/4 cup unseasoned rice wine vinegar
• 1/2 cup gochujang (Korean fermented chili paste)
• 4 tbsps unsalted butter
• 1 tbsp minced garlic, about 5 cloves
• 1 tsp sesame seeds
• 1 tsp black sesame seeds
For the Emmy sauce:
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) Nguyen sauce (See above)
Excerpt from Emily: The Cookbook Pizza, Burgers, and More by Emily Hyland and Matthew Hyland, copyright © 2018 by Emily Hyland and Matthew Hyland. Used by permission of Ballantine Books, an imprint of Random House Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Want stories like these delivered straight to your phone?
Us Weekly iPhone app now!
Source: Read Full Article