How to make Greggs Yum Yums at home: Amateur chef shares guide to recreating the mouthwatering bakes – and fans are saying they ‘need’ the sweet treat during lockdown
- British TikTok user has revealed how to recreate Greggs Yum Yums at home
- @CaughtSnackin posted a short video on how to make the delicious treats
- Comes as home bakers continue to craft their favourite snacks during lockdown
- Here’s how to help people impacted by Covid-19
An amateur chef has shared his guide to recreating the ultimate Greggs Yum Yum during lockdown.
British TikTok user @CaughtSnackin posted a short video on his channel to reveal how to recreate the delicious sweet treats.
The simple recipe contains just seven ingredients and promises to be near identical to the bakery’s popular twisted doughnut snack.
Social media users were wowed by the snack, which comes as Greggs cafes and bakeries remain closed amid the coronavirus pandemic.
British TikTok user @CaughtSnackin has shared his recipe for creating Greggs Yum Yums at home during the coronavirus lockdown
He advised mixing the dry ingredients together, adding the whisked egg and melted butter(left), before letting the doughy mixture prove, rolling it out, and slicing it into 12 (right)
The amateur chef went on to glaze the delicious baked treats as the finish step of the simple at home guide
According to the video, the recipe requires 150g strong white flour, 25g melted butter, 1 egg, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tbsp caster sugar, 7g instant yeast and 70ml warm water for the dough.
Meanwhile bakers will also need 1/2 cup of icing sugar and 2 tbsp water for the tasty icing sugar glaze.
@CaughtSnackin explained that bakers should begin by adding the flour, melted butter, whisked egg, salt, sugar, yeast and warm water into a bowl and mix until ‘it be looking doughy’.
Then roll into a ball shape and leave in a bowl covered in cling film to prove.
How to make Gregg’s yum yums
Ingredients for the pastry
150g strong white flour
25g melted butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp caster sugar
7g instant yeast
70ml warm water
1. Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl, adding melted butter, whisked egg and luke warm water.
2. It should come together in a doughy consistency
3. Roll into a ball shape and then leave in a bowl covered in cling film to prove until it ‘looks massive’
4. Roll out the dough into a circular shape, slicing into four sections and each section into strips of three.
5. Cut the centre of each yum yum, twisting halves around each other.
6. Shallow fry each side in oil at 180 degrees
Ingredients for glaze
1/2 cup of icing sugar
2 tbsp water
1. Combine icing sugar and water
2. Drizzle the icing over the top of the yum yum and enjoy
After it’s risen, he said it ‘should be looking massive’ before saying you should be ‘giving it a punch for the culture.’
Then the dough should be rolled out into a circular shape, before it is sliced into four sections and strips of three.
Following that, he advised cutting the centre of each section, before twisting the slices around one another.
In the first step of the recipe, the baker adds flour, sugar, yeast, egg, salt, and butter into a bowl (left) before mixing into a dough and leaving to prove (right)
The baker then advises roughly rolling out the dough into a large circular shape , before slicing it into 12
Then bakers should slice each piece of dough in halfway, before twisting each section around each other and frying each piece
Then shallow fry on each side in oil at 180 degrees, and finish by glazing each yum yum with icing sugar and water.
The tasty treat has wowed pastry lovers, who flooded the comments to say they ‘needed’ to try the bake.
One desperate pastry enthusiast said: ‘This is a need.’
Many social media users couldn’t help but comment on the video, with many saying they ‘needed’ to make the tasty baked snack
Another commented: ‘Looks amazing, we need to make these.’
The bakery is among the many high street favourites to share their usually tightly-guarded secrets during the coronavirus pandemic.
McDonalds have shared how to make their Sausage and Egg McMuffin, while Pizza Express and Wagamamas are releasing weekly recipes.
Source: Read Full Article