The announcement follows more than two years of drawn-out negotiations between the Hollywood stars.
However, a statement on Friday did not say how custody of the couple’s six children would be divided and a spokesperson for Jolie declined to reveal any further details.
Her lawyer Samantha Bley DeJean said: “A custody arrangement was agreed to weeks ago, and has been signed by both parties and the judge.
“The agreement, which is based on the recommendations of the child custody evaluator, eliminates the need for a trial. The filing and details of the agreement are confidential to protect the best interests of the children.”
Representatives for Pitt, 54, had no immediate comment on the development.
The Mr and Mrs Smith stars – who were once one of Hollywood’s most celebrated super couples – separated in September 2016 after more than 10 years together and a two-year marriage.
Jolie filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences, and had been seeking primary custody of their children.
A trial date in the custody case had been tentatively set for Tuesday before a judge in Los Angeles.
According to the Reuters news agency, a source close to Jolie said the actress was “very pleased to be entering the next stage and relieved with progress for the health of their family”.
The divorce proceedings triggered a bitter custody battle which saw Pitt investigated and later cleared of child abuse.
Both sides accused each other of attempting to manipulate media coverage in their favour.
The pair – who began dating in late 2005 and became collectively known as “Brangelina” – are yet to reach a final divorce settlement.
Pitt and Jolie are parents to Maddox, 17, Pax, 15, Zahara, 13, Shiloh, 12, and 10-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne.
Source: Read Full Article