PUBS will stay open until 1am over the Platinum Jubilee weekend so Brits can raise a glass to the Queen.
Licensing hours will be extended from 11pm to 1am from Thursday 2 to Saturday 4 June in England and Wales.
It comes as workers enjoy a mega four-day weekend to celebrate the Queen surpassing 70 years on the throne.
The extended hours will apply to pubs but not off licences or supermarkets.
It provide an extra £105million boost to pubs that have been struggling due to the Covid pandemic.
Brits are expected to sink around 100millions pints as they toast to the longest reigning monarch for a lifetime of service.
Read more on the Jubilee
‘Sussex bomb’ about to EXPLODE as Harry & Meg arrive for Queen’s Jubilee
My neighbour says I can’t join our Platinum Jubilee party as I didn’t chip in
Home Secretary Priti Patel used a special law to extend drinking hours for the Platinum Jubilee in an event of "exceptional national significance".
She said: "Over the extended Bank Holiday weekend, we will be able to raise a glass to toast Her Majesty’s incredible service to our country, while also providing a boost to the hospitality industry after a challenging couple of years."
Boris Johnson cheered the booze bonanza and said it would also give a helping hand to struggling landlords.
The PM's official spokesman said: "We know how hard hit our hospitality industry was during the pandemic and it's great that we not only get to support Her Majesty but our hard-hit hospitality industry."
Most read in The Sun
FIGHT OR FLIGHT
Full list of UK flights cancelled today including TUI and easyJet
FIGHT OR FLIGHT
Summer holiday plans for Brits uncertain as flights may NOT take off in July
BGT semi-final descends into chaos with children left in tears
Watford release TWENTY-SEVEN players following relegation to the Championship
The Government and Buckingham Palace are planning an extensive programme of events in cities across the UK and the Commonwealth.
The Queen hopes as many people as possible will have the opportunity to join celebrations marking her Platinum Jubilee in 2022, Buckingham Palace has said previously.
A huge national pudding competition will make up some of the celebrations, while thousands of jubilee lunches will be held to honour Britain's longest ever reigning monarch.
Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
Everything to know about the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- When is the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee 2022?
- When is the 4-day bank holiday in 2022?
- How old is the Queen and why does she have two birthdays?
- Queen’s Platinum Jubilee order of events: What happens on the day?
- How to live stream The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee parade
- When is the Platinum Party at the Palace and how to watch on BBC?
- Platinum Jubilee concert line-up: Who is performing for The Queen’s show?
- When is the Big Windsor lunch at Windsor Castle and who’s going?
- What is The Big Jubilee Lunch and how can I organise a street party for the Queen’s Platinum celebrations?
- How to watch the Platinum Jubilee Beacons near me?
- Queen’s Jubilee bank holiday opening times 2022: All the changes for shops including Waitrose, Tesco and John Lewis
- What time will pubs open and close for The Queen's Platinum Jubilee?
- What souvenirs and gifts can I buy to mark the Platinum Jubilee?
- God Save The Queen lyrics: What are the words to the National Anthem?
Source: Read Full Article