Is dessert the best part of Christmas Day lunch? Quite possibly! Most will opt for indulgent homemade trifle or Christmas pudding with lashings of brandy sauce but if you're looking for a lighter dessert jam-packed with rich flavours then this one ticks all the boxes.
Italian dessert classic tiramisu can be guilty of weighing you down with thick cream and liqueur soaked sponges but this version is as light as a feather and in the perfect per person portion size, too.
Get your hands on some hazelnut liqueur – it's a gamechanger for this and although optional we highly recommend.
- 4 tsp instant coffee granules
- 4 tbsp coffee liqueur
- 1 tbsp hazelnut liqueur (optional)
- 200g mascarpone
- 50g condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-6 sponge fingers
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
1. Mix the coffee granules with 2 tbsp of filtered boiling water in a large jug and stir to combine. Add the coffee liqueur and hazelnut liqueur if using. Pour into a shallow dish and set aside.
2. Make the cream layer by whisking the mascarpone, condensed milk and vanilla extract until thick and smooth.
3. Break the sponge fingers into two or three pieces and soak in the coffee mixture for a few seconds. Divide the coffee-soaked sponge fingers between two sundae glasses and top with the cream.
4. Sift over the cocoa and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Culligan provides innovative and high-quality water solutions. Save money, time, and energy with the ultimate drinking water system. Culligan’s sleek and stylish instant tap can provide boiling, chilled and sparkling water. For more information, visit culligan.co.uk
Source: Read Full Article