Alexandraskitchen on TikTok has shared her guide to making a sandwich or toast loaf – which she calls “peasant loaf”.
It uses very few ingredients, requires no bakery skills and has been called the “best-tasting bread” that everyone loves.
Alexandra said: “If you love sandwiches and toast, you should try making my peasant bread in a loaf pan.”
Three cups of plain flour
1.5 teaspoon of salt
1.5 teaspoon of sugar
1.5 teaspoon of yeast
1.5 cups of water
One tablespoon of olive oil
Butter for greasing the loaf tin
@alexandraskitchen One of the most frequently asked questions I get is how to make the peasant bread in a loaf pan… here’s how ������������������ Metric measurements given in recipe. #bread #simple #noknead #peasantbread ♬ original sound – Alexandra’s Kitchen
1. In a large bowl, combine three cups of flour, and one-and-a-half teaspoons each of salt, sugar and yeast.
2. Add one-and-a-half cups of lukewarm water and stir until a sticky dough ball forms.
3. Cover the bowl with a tea towel and let the dough rise in a warm spot for two hours, or until doubled.
4. Use two forks to release the dough from the sides of the bowl and shape it into a rough ball.
5. Pour one tablespoon of olive oil over the top and turn the dough to coat.
6. Transferred the loaf to a buttered loaf pan and let it rise for an hour until the dough crowns the rim of the pan.
7. Transfer the pan to a 190 degrees Celsius oven for 45 minutes then turn the loaf out onto a cooling rack.
8. Let the loaf cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
Make ‘the best omelette you’ll ever eat’ in minutes[VIDEO]
Best location to store onions and keep them edible for six months[GUIDE]
Meghan Markle’s version of a Pimm’s cocktail – recipe[ROYAL RECIPE]
Some 7.3 million people have viewed the video and Joanna commented: “I’ve stopped buying bread and just make this every week. It’s the best-tasting bread. Super easy. And my kids love it.”
Eziie said: “Omfgggg. Just made this is so amazing. Went a little over board on the olive oil maybe but the crunchy AND soft inside was amazing. Smells amazing.”
Another added: “This is THE ONLY RECIPE I use since I first saw your previous video. LOVE IT and can’t recommend it enough! In fact, making a new batch now, DOUBLED.”
A fourth wrote: “Thank you for posting this recipe. I made my first loaf of bread ever. It is amazing.”
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Source: Read Full Article