The Queen was reportedly "desperate" to get Prince Harry and King Charles back on speaking terms before her death earlier this year.
Royal insiders claim that the 37 year old Prince would "bombard" his grandmother with calls even when she was put on light duties due to her worsening mobility.
According to The Sun, Her Majesty was unable and unwilling to deal with Harry's requests and instead suggested he should speak to his father.
At the time, Charles was allegedly only accepting emails and not phone calls from Harry, with the now king telling his mother: “Because I am not a bank.”
A source told the publication: “The late Queen was always happy to speak with Harry but when he asked for money she said, ‘Why don’t you speak to your father?’
“Harry told her that Charles wasn’t taking his calls anymore.
“Charles insisted that his son must email him instead. Members of the family, including William, had stopped speaking to Harry when they learned of his book deal, fearing what they said could end up in print.
“Harry is not as well off as people are led to believe. He was wanting money."
Despite the claims, Harry and his wife Meghan Markle claim to be financially independent and even travel around in their own 12-seater private jet after quitting royal duty to live in America.
The couple has also recently struck multi-million-pound deals with Spotify and most recently Netflix, which has seen a trailer for their new show be released.
As part of his book deal, Harry received an advance of £17.5 million which is out on January 10 — as part of a £35 million four-book deal.
It has also been reported that the prince now has a job as a Chief Impact Officer for Silicon Valley firm Better Up.
In March 2020, Harry slammed his father during the infamous Oprah Winfrey interview and claimed he had “literally been cut off financially”.
However, The Sun reports that palace financial records show Charles gave him £2 million in the 2020/21 financial year. But the latest papers do indicate that Charles paid no money from the Duchy of Cornwall funds in the past year.
A spokesman for Charles this summer told The Sun that Harry and Meghan were “financially independent” and said: “Great credit to them.”
- Race row is an ‘absolute disaster’ for Prince William, says royal expert
- To read the very best of today’s OK! content from breaking news to Royals and TV – CLICK HERE
- Harry and Meghan's trailer release is a 'declaration of war', say royal experts
- Kate Middleton's rare loving PDA shows support for William amidst boos from US audience
- For all your daily celebrity news and gossip, sign up to OK!’s newsletter – CLICK HERE
Source: Read Full Article