A WEEKEND break is a great option for Brits who want to dip their toes back into UK holidays but don't yet want to commit to a week-long stay.
Whether you want to get away this summer, after travel restrictions are lifted – or prefer to hold off until the autumn, there are lots of great deals on weekend breaks in popular locations.
This article contains affiliate links and if you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue
With the appetite for staycations surging, demand for UK breaks has boomed, but there are still short breaks to be found.
We've rounded up weekend breaks spanning every type of accommodation, from holiday parks to cottages and hotels – so there's something for everyone.
Many are in popular spots across the UK, from Cornwall and Devon to Suffolk and Essex.
Some of the best deals for summer are:
- Park Holidays weekend breaks at Dovercourt, Essex in June from £197 per stay
- VRBO weekend breaks in England in June from £91 per stay
- Haven breaks in Sussex, Norfolk, Wales, Essex and more in June from £204 per stay
- Airbnb June weekend breaks in England from £25 per night
- Snaptrip June weekend breaks in England from £198 per stay
- Away Resorts weekend break at Tattershall Lakes Lincolnshire from £302 per stay
- Holiday Cottages Devon weekend breaks in June from £293 per stay
- CoolStays summer weekend breaks from £75 per night
- Butlin's June breaks in Bognor Regis from £409 per stay
- Premier Inn family rooms across the UK from £29 per night
- Travelodge rooms across the UK from £29 per night
- Vrbo Newquay properties from £265 per stay
If you'd prefer to hold off until autumn for a break, some of the best deals are:
- Park Holidays weekend breaks at Martello Beach, Essex in October from £144 per stay
- VRBO weekend breaks in England in September from £91 per stay
- Haven weekend breaks at Cornwall Perran Sands in September from £200 per stay
- Airbnb September weekend breaks in England from £29 per night
- Snaptrip September weekend breaks in England from £169 per stay
- Away Resorts weekend break at Mersea Island Essex from £290 per stay
- Holiday Cottages Devon weekend breaks in September from £225 per stay
- CoolStays autumn weekend breaks from £60 per night
- Center Parcs September breaks in Bedfordshire and Suffolk from £339 per stay
- VRBO Hot Tub properties from £82 per night
Several holiday companies have reported a sharp rise in searches for staycations in the past 24 hours.
This came about following the announcement that Brits risk a £5,000 fine for travelling abroad without a valid reason.
Currently, self-catered holidays are welcoming guests back again from April 12, which includes sites such as caravan parks, but only with one household sharing a property.
From May 17, groups of up to six people from different households or unlimited numbers of people from two households can share a holiday let together.
If you're sticking to the UK for a break this year, we've found the best UK holiday parks with children’s entertainment and the best holiday parks with outdoor pools and campsites with availability for summer.
There are also great UK coach trips for families, holiday park party weekenders, cheap staycation breaks with hot tubs and treehouse stays.
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.
Source: Read Full Article