How to make the fluffiest pancakes: Dietitian reveals her secret healthy recipe – and you only need two ingredients
- An Australian dietitian has revealed a simple recipe to make healthy pancakes
- Rebecca Gawthorne, 32, shared the recipe with her 147,000 Instagram followers
- To make the meal, one ripe banana and two eggs are required
- ‘Even if you really don’t like cooking, you have to try this recipe,’ Rebecca said
A leading Sydney dietitian has revealed her simple two-ingredient recipe to make healthy pancakes at home.
Rebecca Gawthorne, 32, shared the recipe with her 147,000 Instagram followers and said only one ripe banana and two eggs are required to make the satisfying meal.
‘This recipe is so easy. It literally has two ingredients; you can’t go wrong. Even if you really don’t like cooking, you have to try this recipe,’ Rebecca captioned the social media post.
Sydney dietitian Rebecca Gawthorne has revealed her simple two-ingredient recipe to make healthy pancakes at home
Rebecca (pictured) shared the recipe with her 147,000 Instagram followers and said only one ripe banana and two eggs are required to make the satisfying meal
The four-step method involves whisking the eggs in a bowl, adding the banana and combining with a fork or spatula.
‘If you want to make [the] mixture go further and make the pancakes more filling, you can add a few tablespoons of wholemeal flour, buckwheat flour or blended up oats when you mash in the banana,’ Rebecca said.
‘Heat a non-stick [pan] and pour in mixture. Cook on both sides until golden, flipping when it bubbles.’
Once the pancakes have cooked, remove from the heat and serve with your favourite toppings – such as lemon juice and sugar, maple syrup or mixed berries.
Rebecca topped the stack of healthy pancakes with passion fruit and chopped strawberries on the side, which looked delicious.
Other Instagram users were quick to comment on how tasty the pancakes looked and were enticed to try the recipe themselves.
‘Oh I’ve never tried this,’ one woman wrote, another added: ‘Love the passion fruit topping!’
A third said: ‘A classic and one of my favourite breakfasts!’
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY BANANA PANCAKES:
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 eggs
1. Whisk eggs in a small bowl
2. Mash banana and mix it through egg
3. Heat a non-stick and pour in mixture. Cook on both sides until golden, flipping when it bubbles
4. Top with your favourite toppings and enjoy!
Source: Rebecca Gawthorne
Source: Read Full Article