Shrove Tuesday, aka Pancake Day, is coming up fast.
Whether you’re preparing for the beginning of Lent or just a fan of breakfast food, it’s time to start thinking about filling our kitchen cupboards with pancake ingredients and toppings
If you want to try your hand at something a tad more grown-up this year, why not give these banana rum pancakes a go?
Just don’t be surprised if everyone asks for seconds…
Grand Kadoo Banana Rum Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Grand Kadoo Banana Rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil for coating the frying pan
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil, Grand Kadoo Banana Rum and vanilla extract and whisk to blend.
- Heat large non-stick frying-pan over medium-low heat. Brush pan generously with oil.
- Working in batches, drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into frying-pan.
- Cook until pancakes are light and golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Repeat with remaining oil and batter.
- Place banana slices on each pancake, stack, and drizzle with honey.
Credit: Grand Kadoo Rum.
If you’re looking for something a bit more plant-based, we’ve also got a recipe for tasty vegan pancakes.
If you find your cupboard is a bit bare this year, rather than rushing out to the shop at the last minute you can always give our three-ingredient or two-ingredient pancake recipes a try.
Source: Read Full Article