Elton John and Michael Caine poke fun at themselves in a new ad encouraging people to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Award-winning musician John, 73, pretends to audition for a role in the spot in the clip released by England’s health service on Tuesday.
But it does not go well, as his rendition of hit song “I’m Still Standing” and his pretending to receive the jab fail to impress.
Oscar-winning actor Caine then steals the show with his trademark greeting.
“I’ve just had a vaccine for COVID,” the 87-year-old actor continues. “It didn’t hurt. Not many people know that.”
The narrator asks someone to “let the little fella know he didn’t get the job.”
Watch the video here:
John tweeted his delight at being able to promote the vaccine program.
“Let’s all come together and do our bit in the fight against this wretched disease,” he wrote.
A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus
- Is it safe to see people who have gotten the coronavirus vaccine?
- What it means if your partner tests positive for COVID-19 but you don’t.
- How worried should you be about the new strains of coronavirus?
- The unexpected challenges of co-parenting during a pandemic.
- 19 things we took for granted pre-pandemic but now miss.
- Find all that and more on our coronavirus hub page.
As COVID-19 cases rise, it’s more important than ever to remain connected and informed. Join the HuffPost community today. (It’s free!)
BEFORE YOU GO
Source: Read Full Article