Johnny Depp star in trailer for The Brave in 1997
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Johnny Depp, 59, sparked controversy as he was revealed as one of the big names walking Rihanna’s Savage x Fenty fashion show. The presentation was released on Amazon Prime Video on Wednesday and included models such as Cara Delevingne, Irina Shayk, Joan Smalls, Lilly Singh, Damson Idris and Taraji P Henson.
But it was Johnny’s appearance that caused the most controversy as viewers took to Twitter to slam the Pirates of the Caribbean star over landing the job despite his recent libel trial against ex-wife Amber Heard.
FriedBaddie tweeted: “As if the disrespect could get worse his part was to so fresh so clean…outkast sweetie I’m so sorry.”
Floridasyayo added: “Rihanna is a vile person for giving him a platform.”
Gowalkciest penned: “Rihanna what a nasty woman, giving abusers a platform.”
Virgosgroove_ wrote: “This is so embarrassing.”
However, other social media users jumped to Johnny and Rihanna’s defence as they praised the Hollywood star for his appearance.
Michell42450598 said: “i could watch him for hours. love the slight smile he gives, he could wear toilet paper and make it look good.”
Lisahan83041950 added: “All I can say was WOW!!!! Johnny looked amazing and the entire show was popping…and Rihanna what a Queen she looked beautiful!!!!!!”
Sandralloyd61 typed: “Yessss!!!!!! Go Johnny Depp so proud at the way he has carried himself through this whole process he deserves the world.”
Misueu1 wrote: “He is a survivor.”
Express.co.uk has contacted Rihanna’s representatives for comment.
In a high-profile court battle earlier this year, Johnny sued his former wife over a 2018 article she wrote for the Washington Post about her experiences as a survivor of domestic abuse, without mentioning her alleged abuser by name.
His lawyers said such claims accused him of being an abuser.
Back in June, a jury at Fairfax County Court returned a verdict in his favour and he was awarded 10.3 million dollars (£8.43 million) for damage to his reputation.
The filing continued: “This Court should reverse the judgment on Ms Heard’s Counterclaim as to the April 27 Waldman Statement, but should otherwise affirm the judgment in Mr Depp’s favour.”
Since the trial’s conclusion, Johnny has returned to the entertainment industry, but public opinion has been divided over the verdict, with many stepping out in support of Amber.
Back in August, it was announced that he would be directing his first feature film in 25 years: Modi, about the Italian painter and sculptor Amedeo Modigliani.
Johnny and Amber were married for two years from 2015 to 2017.
Pirates of the Caribbean franchise dropped Johnny after his ex-wife Amber Heard made claims of domestic abuse in 2018, despite him strongly denying the allegations.
Now that the Jack Sparrow star has won his libel case against his former wife, fans have been hoping for a return from their favourite pirate.
There are a number of different Pirates of the Caribbean projects in the works at the moment, according to producer Jerry Bruckheimer, including Pirates 6, a spin-off led by Margot Robbie.
Source: Read Full Article