Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are "still learning what was said behind their backs" before they stepped down as senior members of the Royal family, Omid Scobie claims.
Harry, 37, and Meghan, 40, announced they were stepping down in March 2020, with their royal patronages now being reassigned throughout the family, starting with Harry's England Rugby titles going to his sister-in-law Kate Middleton.
It has been reported that Meghan's patronage for the National Theatre may be handed to Camilla, who is claimed to have been "miffed" that it had been given to Meghan in the first place.
Omid – the co-author of Harry and Meghan's unauthorised biography Finding Freedom – tells OK! online that Camilla's reported thoughts show that the Sussexes made "the right decision" to leave the UK.
Get exclusive royal stories straight to your inbox with OK!'s weekly Royals newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.
He says: "Meghan does have some private patronages that she has held on to, such as Mayhew and SmartWorks, but I think given that the National Theatre patronage came from The Queen, she was always under the understanding that it would go back to her should she walk away.
"What I found really interesting about the coverage of that handover was a source claiming that Camilla was "miffed" Meghan had originally been given the role, which gives you further insight into some of the true feelings of how other members of the Royal family felt about Harry and Meghan long before they even stepped away.
"Even now, Harry and Meghan are still learning about things that went on behind their backs or behind the scenes before they left. If anything, these stories are perhaps a reminder to them that they made the right decision."
A source had previously told The Sunday Times of Camilla: "She really wanted it.
"She was pretty miffed when it went to Meghan, and will be all the more delighted to take it on now, after being disappointed not to get it first time round.”
OK! online approached Camilla's representatives for comment on the original story.
Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!
Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…
Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!
Sign up here
The Duchess of Sussex initially took on the prestigious role back in 2019, but gave it up when she and Prince Harry stepped down from being senior members of the Royal family.
After being made patron, Meghan made one public appearance at the theatre and visited privately in March 2020.
Royal experts claimed Meghan was the "perfect fit" for the role at the time at the time, noting her success as an actress and starring in US drama Suits.
Camilla has shown her support for theatres following the pandemic shutting the majority of venues across the country.
In December 2020, she and Prince Charles visited Soho Theatre to watch a one-woman show by Natasha Marshall.
They met with Andrew Lloyd Webber in June 2021, where "the Duchess took a real interest as Andrew told her all about the huge challenges facing the theatre community," according to The Times.
For the latest updates on the Royal family, sign up to OK!'s brand new Royals newsletter.
Source: Read Full Article