Want the most up-to-date celebrity exclusives sent straight to your inbox every day? Sign up now and join the club!
Royal fans have lashed out at Channel 4 for failing to revamp its schedule following the tragic news of Prince Philip's death.
Buckingham Palace announced the passing of the Duke of Edinburgh in a statement, explaining that he had died peacefully at Windsor Castle at the age of 99 on Friday 9 April morning.
While ITV's This Morning was cut short and the BBC postponed all non-news programming, Channel 4 swiftly continued on with their regularly scheduled content such as Come Dine With me.
Clearly upset by the decision, fierce fans flocked to social media platform Twitter to blast the network, calling it "insensitive".
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle pay tribute to late Prince Philip who will 'be greatly missed'
Prince Harry 'wants nothing more' than to be with the Queen to mourn after grandfather Prince Philip dies
Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.
One person wrote: "Channel 4 is disgusting and insensitive, they have carried on with their usual programming ‘Find It, Fix It, Flog It’ instead of running segments on the death of Prince Philip like the other major broadcasters. It’s unbecoming of Channel 4 and a national broadcaster."
Another shocked viewer said: "BBC and ITV both interrupt the current programme to announce the news of Prince Philip’s passing. Meanwhile on Channel 4 Couples Come Dine with Me is on like nothing’s happened."
A third chimed: "Saddened by the lack of coverage so far on Channel 4 and that you’ve pretty much ignored it. Hope that when the Queen dies, you won’t just continue to play Come Dine with Me repeats like you have today.”
Sign up for the BEST celebrity house tours and BIGGEST exclusive interviews
Download OK! magazine's FREE app and get all the gossip straight to your phone
While a fourth added: "I notice channel 4 have decided to ignore the death of Prince Philip…"
However, not everyone was as critical about the network's choice to go ahead with their schedule as normal.
Defending Channel 4, one person said: "Thank you for not having wall to wall coverage about Prince Philip. As sad as it is, we don’t need to watch hours and hours about it. Sticking with Channel 4 tonight!"
Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!
Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…
Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!
Sign up here
A second agreed: "So let me get this straight… People who are not watching Channel 4 are annoyed that they aren't showing rolling news about #PrincePhilip like the other 4 channels they are already watching… How many channels can you watch at once…?" [sic]
As a third said: "Does it really matter if Channel 4 aren't doing wall-to-wall coverage of Prince Philip? It's not like you're short of options if that's what you're looking for".
A statement released by Buckingham Palace confirmed the death of Prince Philip, which read: “It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen announces the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
Prince Philip to have socially distanced royal ceremonial funeral in Windsor with public asked not to attend
"His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle.
"Further announcements will made in due course.
"The Royal Family join with people around the world in mourning his loss."
Source: Read Full Article