Want an easy yet nutritious breakfast on this lovely Sunday morning? Jamie Oliver’s traditional baked eggs are the perfect choice.
The great thing about this recipe is that it’s totally versatile. Enjoy your eggs plain with buttered toast or with fillings and toppings galore.
This recipe is super quick and is on the table in 10 minutes. Jamie’s eggs serves two people so is ideal for breakfast in bed for you and your loved one.
Hard to get wrong, Jamie’s traditional baked egg recipe is suitable for total kitchen novices.
Serve with buttered toast and wilted greens for a filling breakie. Or, have it as part of a larger breakfast, with bacon, hash browns, sausages and baked beans.
READ MORE: Tesco, Boots and Costa Coffee announce several stores closing next week
- One knob of unsalted butter
- Four large free-range eggs
- Fillings of your choice
The first time you try this recipe, go for classic baked eggs. Once you’ve mastered this, experiment with different fillings and flavours.
For Italian-style baked eggs, add in some basil and cherry tomatoes. For a Mexican-inspired breakfast, go for red chilli, lime, coriander and avocado.
Check out Jamie Oliver’s official website for more fillings. Another Jamie favourite is smoked salmon with chives.
Tesco recalls food product due to undeclared ingredient that could pose a risk[LATEST]
Jamie Oliver’s ‘sumptuous’ garlic bread is perfect for the weekend – recipe[RECIPE]
Save half an avocado so it doesn’t go brown – ‘fresh deliciousness'[HACK]
- Support fearless journalism
- Read The Daily Express online, advert free
- Get super-fast page loading
- Preheat the oven to full whack.
- Lightly grease a small skillet pan or round baking dish with butter.
- Season the skillet with a touch of sea salt and black pepper. Crack in the eggs.
- Bake for seven to 10 minutes. The whites should be set but the yolks runny. Serve with buttered toast.
Source: Read Full Article