Cauliflower cheese is a festive favourite during the holidays and is simple enough to make from scratch for a Christmas dinner.
There is nothing more comforting than a cheesy side dish to go alongside your turkey, and one chef has shared his best crowd-pleasing recipe for Christmas cauliflower cheese.
This hearty side dish can be prepared easily in only ten minutes while the cauliflower will need around 20 minutes to bake in the oven.
Harry Heal is a popular chef on social media, at in his latest video he explained how to make your own cauliflower and cheese sauce taste incredible.
He said: “Alrighty guys, this is my Christmas cauliflower cheese. So easy to make, and never fails to please.”
How to make Christmas Cauliflower Cheese
- Two cauliflowers
- 480ml of milk
- 240ml of chicken stock (or vegetable)
- 230g of grated cheddar cheese
- 85g of grated mozzarella cheese
- 50g of butter
- 50g of plain flour
- One tablespoon of smoked paprika
- One tablespoon of mixed herbs
- One tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
Nigella Lawson’s ‘meltingly gorgeous’ Christmas chocolate cookie recipe[HOW TO ]
Make Mary Berry’s treacle spice traybake and Christmas mulled wine[RECIPE ]
Chef’s filo pastry Christmas wreath is packed with flavour – cooks in 20 mins[COOKING]
- Support fearless journalism
- Read The Daily Express online, advert free
- Get super-fast page loading
- To begin, prepare your cauliflowers. Remove the leaves and stalk, then slice them into bitesize pieces.
- Put the cauliflower on a baking tray. Drizzle with two tablespoons of olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the cauliflower in the oven at 200C (390F) for around 20 to 25 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, make the cheese sauce. Place a pot on the stove, add butter, and melt at medium to high heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add in the flour and stir well. Keep slowly adding the flour and mixing until the mixture darkens a little, then carefully pour in your stock while stirring.
- The sauce should thicken quickly, so continue to pour in your stock and then milk. Once the sauce is smooth, add in both your cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce as well as the smoked paprika and the mixed herbs.
- Keep stirring the cheese sauce until the cheese has fully melted, and then remove the pot from the heat.
- When the cauliflower has roasted, take out the oven and pour over the cheese sauce. Add more grated cheese to the top of the dish and then place in the oven once again until the cheese has fully melted, golden brown, and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes before serving, and your festive cauliflower cheese is now ready to serve.
Get all the latest news, entertainment, sport and lifestyle updates from our dedicated American team.
Follow Daily Express US on Facebook and Twitter @ExpressUSNews
Source: Read Full Article