Personal trainer Lauren Simpson reveals the EXACT workout she follows for an amazing bum – and the nutrition secrets behind her enviable physique
- Sydney-based fitness star Lauren Simpson runs an online coaching program
- The 27-year-old is known for her incredible ripped physique and stunning curves
- Here she explains her exact workout for an amazingly toned and taut behind
Australian fitness star and personal trainer, Lauren Simpson, is known for her incredible figure and handy workout hints.
And now the 27-year-old bikini model has revealed the exact workout she swears by for a great beach-ready behind.
Lauren recently shared her workout on Instagram and revealed why adhering to nutrition basics is key when it comes to achieving results.
Scroll down for video
Australian fitness star and personal trainer, Lauren Simpson, is known for her incredible figure and handy workout hints
And now the 27-year-old bikini model has revealed the exact workout she swears by for a great beach-ready behind
Lauren Simpson’s ultimate glute workout:
1. Smith machine hip thrust – 4 x 10 full range and 10 pulse reps
2. Reverse hack squat – 4 x 12 – 12
3. Angled step outs – 4 x 15
4 Smith machine curtsy lunges – 4x 12
5. Rounded back extension 4 x 25
Lauren said her glute workout was a combination of low repetitions and heavier lifting followed by higher repetitions and lighter weight work.
The fitness enthusiast begins her workout with hip thrusts using a Smith Machine. Here she will do four reps consisting of 10 full range thrusts and 10 pulse reps.
Next, still using a Smith Machine, she will change position for what she calls her reverse hack squat. This entails four reps of 12 squats.
The personal trainer has an social media following of more than a million people and is know and loved by many for her enviable curves and great lifestyle tips
What are Lauren Simpson’s nutrition secrets?
1. Calories in VS calories out is king. Ultimately the results you get is dictated by calories consumed VS calories burned.
2. A calorie deficit is the ONLY way to drop body fat. If your not losing weight on a certain amount of calories, it means you are NOT in a calorie deficit.
3. How you make up your macros to hit your target calories should be mostly personal. However high protein should always be consistent. If you feel better on more carbs. Eat more carbs. If you feel better on more fats, eat more fats.
4. The best diet is the one you can stick to. Don’t force a nutritional approach on to you that you hate just because your coach says it’s what works for them OR it’s the latest trending fad diet you see all over social media. It’s what works for YOU that matters.
5. Then finally, remember CONSISTENCY is key to results. Don’t punish yourself for a bad day which then leads to bad weeks. Realise it’s a process. One bad day, just means you had a bad day. End of story. Next day your back on track to smashing your goals!
Following this Lauren uses a booty band to do four reps of 15 angled step outs.
Returning to the Smith Machine will see her add in curtsy lunges. She will do four reps consisting of 12 lunges.
To finish, she will do rounded back extensions. This activity involves rounding the upper or lower back or both. This exercise not only targets the mid back but also the glutes and hamstrings.
‘Getting strong and focusing on these fundamentals is how I have built my body,’ she wrote.
‘I’m one extreme or the other’: Margot Robbie shares her…
Fitness guru alters her figure to fit the ‘perfect’ body…
ABS-olutely fabulous at 53! TV presenter Sonia Kruger shares…
Model Brooke Hogan, 26, reveals the diet she follows for a…
Share this article
The 27-year-old sports a body that been carved to perfection through spending hundreds of hours at the gym
What are macro-nutrients?
The three macro-nutrients are fats, carbohydrates and proteins and by consuming the correct amount of macro-nutrients for your desired results, whether that is muscle gain, fat loss or toning up, you are more likely to achieve your body goals.
The fitness star also explained the importance of nutrition when it comes to building a body that’s both healthy and lean.
‘Remember the basics are what is key. Focus on these and you get results girls!’ She wrote on an Instagram post.
She explained the principle of calories in versus calories out ‘is king’ and that ultimately there needs to be a deficit in terms of what you are consuming in relation to how much energy you expend.
The fitness star also explained the importance of nutrition when it comes to building a body that’s both healthy and lean
‘If you’re not losing weight on a certain amount of calories, it means you are not in a calorie deficit,’ she said.
The online coach also recommended macro-splitting as a way of staying fit, healthy and losing extra weight.
Macro-nutrients (also known as macros) are nutrients required to give us the energy to keep our body functioning.
‘How you make up your macros to hit your target calories should be mostly personal. However high protein should always be consistent,’ Lauren advised.
Lauren holds the view you need to be in a calorie deficit in order to burn fat and reach your fitness goals
Lauren also said when it comes to diet choices this should be up to the individual and not be dictated by a coach – especially if it doesn’t feel right.
‘Don’t force a nutritional approach on to you that you hate just because your coach says it’s what works for them or it’s the latest trending fad diet you see all over social media. It’s what works for you that matters.’
Lastly, she stressed above all else consistency was key and one bad day shouldn’t derail you from your larger fitness and health goals.
‘Don’t punish yourself for a bad day which then leads to bad weeks. Realise it’s a process.’
Source: Read Full Article