We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
Supermarkets are busy working towards Christmas which means many will start to think about if they want to order food to be delivered straight to their front door. With supermarkets including Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Aldi and Asda queues most likely to be longer during the festive season, customers can also order Christmas food to be delivered within the lead up to the big day.
Customers can order the ‘Festive Food To Order’ range on the Tesco website from November 13 to December 14.
The food deliveries must be booked between December 22 and 23 to ensure all customers can get their festive food in time for the big day.
The initial slots being rolled out are for Delivery Saver customers who get priority access from 7am on November 13.
For non-Delivery Saver customers, they can make their order from 7am on November 20.
The line-up of festive food is bigger than ever this year, with turkey, salon, sharing platters and pudding options for customers to pick from.
Products exclusive to Festive Food To Order:
• Tesco Finest Two Garlic Butter Lobster Tails, £18.00
• Tesco Finest British Free Range Bronze Whole Turkey, £28.00 – £49.00
• Wicked Kitchen No-Turkey Crown, £5.00
• Tesco Finest Root Vegetable Gratin, £6.00
• Tesco Finest Wild Mushroom & Spinach Vol-au-Vents, £10.00
• Wicked Kitchen Ginger Chai Cake, £9.00
• Tesco Finest Whole Lamb Leg with Orange & Maple Glaze & Seeded Crumb, £30.00 – £48.00
• Tesco Ready to Cook Fresh Vegetable Selection, £8.00
• Tesco Finest Christmas Dinner for Two, £35.00
• Tesco Finest Cheese Celebration Cake, £30.00
• Tesco Finest Mini Tarts Selection, £12.00
• Tesco Finest Chocolate Orange & Maple Bauble Cake, £13.00
• Tesco Finest Four Black Forest Christmas Tree Pots, £8.00
• Tesco Finest Triple Caramel and Orange Opera Dessert, £8.00
• Tesco Finest Croquembouche, £15.00
• Tesco Finest Chocolate and Toffee Opera Dessert, £8.00
• Macaron Selection, £12.00
• Tesco Finest Passion Fruit Sleigh, £10.00
• Tesco Mediterranean Inspired Sharing Platter, £8.00
• Tesco Sausage Pastry Garland, £9.00
• Tesco Finest Cheddar Bakes, £12.00
• Tesco Finest Cheese Selection with Crackers and Chutney, £20.00
• Tesco Polar Bear Winter Scene Cake, £10.00
• Tesco Finest 3 Tier Seafood Platter with Marie Rose Sauce, £50.00
• Tesco Finest Venison Rack, £14.40-£20.80
• Tesco Prepared Vegetable Selection, £12.00
Tesco, Aldi, Asda and Sainsbury’s introduce new queue measures [INSIGHT]
Tesco & Morrisons launch food boxes for customers [COMMENT]
Asda beats Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons for cheapest grocery shop [EXPLAINER]
Supermarket Sainsbury’s have delivery and collection options available for shoppers this year.
For those wanting delivery or collection on December 20, they can book their slot from November 29.
Customers wishing to get their food on December 21 can pick their slot from November 30.
Those wanting to get their delivery a little closer to Christmas, they can choose from December 22 and December 23.
These slots will be available from the beginning of December.
Shoppers should note that Sainsbury’s delivery service is closed between December 24th and December 26th.
If customers can’t get a delivery date or time of their choice, Sainsbury’s has also expanded their contactless Click & Collect service to over 300 locations.
Sainsbury’s Christmas food to order includes a range of starters, mains, sides as well as a vegan centrepiece.
Desserts are also on the menu with the likes of panna cotta, Yule log, cheesecakes and Christmas pudding.
Discount retailer Aldi has many different options when it comes to picking up groceries this year.
They have a home delivery service as well as a Click & Collect service and they are also available on Deliveroo too.
Festive essentials won’t be available to order until nearer to Christmas but customers can browse their in-store range on their website right now.
Standard Christmas delivery will be on December 16, while the retailer is also making named day delivery available which will be available up until December 21 at 7pm.
If customers are still planning to get their groceries in-store, then there are some important dates to bear in mind.
Christmas meats will be available from December 10 as well as sides and trimmings like pigs in blankets and stuffing.
However fresh turkeys won’t be available until December 19.
Christmas delivery and collection slots are now open on Asda’s website.
Their website says: “You need to book a Christmas slot at a time to suit you between 21st and 23rd December to be able to shop our food to order range.”
With the delivery slots selling out fast, customers can also Click & Collect their food orders at their local store.
It costs £3 for delivery on orders less than £40 and £4 for Click & Collect orders under £25.
Customers can choose from express collection, same day collection and free next day collection.
The full range of festive goodies is available on their website now with everything from mince pies to festive cocktails to cheese boards available.
Turkey, beef, gammon, lamb and fish is all available for mains as well as a vegan main this year too.
Source: Read Full Article