ARGOS has launched its end of year clearance sale, with up to 75% off toys, homeware, baby products and more.
The discounts could be good news for last-minute Christmas presents if you haven’t quite got everything wrapped up for December 25.
But it’s still wise to compare prices, as you may be able to find the same product cheaper elsewhere.
Prices in the end of year Argos sale start from just £2 for baby cot protectors and toys.
Popular brands, meanwhile, include Disney, Dove gift sets and Bambino Mio.
Shoppers can browse all the discounts on the Argos website, with options available for click and collect or delivery.
How to compare prices to get the best deal
JUST because something is on offer, or is part of a sale, it doesn’t mean it’s always a good deal.
There are plenty of comparison websites out there that'll check prices for you – so don't be left paying more than you have to.
Most of them work by comparing the prices across hundreds of retailers.
Here are some that we recommend:
- Google Shopping is a tool that lets users search for and compare prices for products across the web. Simply type in keywords, or a product number, to bring up search results.
- Price Spy logs the history of how much something costs from over 3,000 different retailers, including Argos, Amazon, eBay and the supermarkets. Once you select an individual product you can quickly compare which stores have the best price and which have it in stock.
- Idealo is another website that lets you compare prices between retailers. All shoppers need to do is search for the item they need and the website will rank them from the cheapest to the most expensive one.
- CamelCamelCamel only works on goods being sold on Amazon. To use it, type in the URL of the product you want to check the price of.
Click and collect is free from Argos, or delivery charges start from £3.95.
It's not clear if shoppers can pick up the same deals when ordering in stores but we'll update you when we know more.
In previous years, Argos has launched its mega Christmas sales on December 25, according to a deals predictor by MoneySavingExpert, but it's unclear if this end of year clearance is the same thing.
Its annual sales between 2016 and 2019 typically last two weeks and included up to 50% off goods.
In the meantime, you can locate your nearest Argos by using its store finder tool.
Here’s our top picks from the Argos sale:
Toy Story Buzz Lightyear space cruiser ride on
- Was: £100. Now: £50. Save: £50 (50%) – buy now
The little Toy Story fan in your life will feel like a real-life space ranger with this Buzz Lightyear ride-on cruiser.
It has a maximum speed of 1.55mph and needs to be charged up to use it, although a battery and charger is included.
Elsewhere, the same cruiser is being flogged on eBay for £89.99 with free postage.
Disney Ariel Tangle Teezer hairbrush
- Was: £12.99. Now: £6.49. Save: £6.50 (50%) – buy now
If your kid has long hair just like Ariel from the Little Mermaid, this tangle teezer could come in handy.
This nifty brush can be used on wet and dry hair to remove tough knots.
Amazon sells the same brush cheaper at £5.99 but you'll pay £4 for postage, bumping the total cost to £9.99.
Fizz Creations 'Love' neon light
- Was: £10. Now: £2.50. Save: £7.50 (75%) – buy now
Light up your room with this adorable "Love" neon sign.
Argos has reduced the price of it by a staggering 75%, meaning you'll save £7.50.
This is the cheapest "Love" light we could find, with one seller flogging a similar sign on Etsy for £16.99 with £3.95 delivery.
Slumberdown Little Slumbers cot bed protection waterproof band
- Was: £7.99. Now: £1.99. Save: £6 (75%) – buy now
The Slumberdown waterproof band keeps mattresses safe from any little accidents, spills and stains in the night.
It measures 82cm by 36.5cm and is suitable from birth.
We couldn't see this exact cot bed protector being sold elsewhere, but a similar product from Silentnight can cost up to £11 from Argos.
Bambino Mio training pants 3+yrs
- Was: £14.99. Now: £3.49. Save: £11.50 (76%) – buy now
You get three different designs in this Bambino Mio training pants set, including one with a dinosaur pattern and another with a space theme.
They're suitable for kids aged three and above and come in a nappy size five (approximately 11kg to 25kg).
Elsewhere, Amazon sells packs of three Bambino Mio training pants for £9.99 plus free delivery for Prime members. Standard delivery for non-Prime members is £4.49.
Dove Gym Essentials gift set
- Was: £11.99. Now: £9.99. Save: £2 (16%) – buy now
Is it really Christmas if you don't get a Dove smelly set?
This one is designed for gym-goers and contains face and body wash, two-in-one shampoo & conditioner, deodorant, a gym towel and a water bottle.
This is the cheapest we could find this set, with Tesco charging £16.
For more bargains, Debenhams has launched its closing down sale with up to 80% off in stores and online.
Homebase has a Christmas clearance sale with up to 75% off decorations and trees.
Tesco also launched a toy sale including Barbie and Paw Patrol.
Source: Read Full Article