While carving a pumpkin can be a whole lot of fun, you end up with lots of waste.
Instead of throwing the insides away, try this easy recipe from Trewithen Dairy, based in Cornwall.
Other than the pumpkin, you need store cupboard ingredients and if you don’t have Red Leicester cheese, you can use another type (but it will change the flavour slightly).
Trewithen Dairy recommend serving the scones with lashings of butter, a tomato and chilli chutney and some cheese melted over the top.
- 150g pumpkin flesh (cut into small pieces)
- 225 g self-rising flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 55 g chilled butter (cubed)
- 100 g Red Leicester cheese (finely grated)
- 60 ml warm milk (plus extra for brushing)
Do you have an easy recipe to share?
Get in touch at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article