Queen’s former aide Dickie Arbiter shuts down rumours that Meghan has ALREADY given birth – and says fans need to ‘hold their horses’ for an announcement
- Dickie Arbiter, 79, said it was very unlikely the Duchess of Sussex had given birth
- Buckingham palace statement announced last Thursday birth will be ‘private’
- ‘Ambiguous’ statement fired speculation that new addition may have arrived
- Royal commentator said no substance to claim and we’ll know in due course
As the country impatiently awaits for the birth of the royal baby, speculation is growing over where, when and how the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will welcome their newborn.
While the most recent speculation suggests Meghan Markle, 37, may have given birth already, former royal press secretary Dickie Arbiter, has claimed it’s just a case of keeping the ‘royal rumour mill’ going.
Arbiter, 79, appeared on Australian show Today Extra, where he discussed several piece of gossip regarding Baby Sussex on Sunday.
‘If you believe that, you’d believe anything,’ he said. ‘We’ll know in due course when the baby is born. Harry and Meghan made it very clear the birth is going to be private.’
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s determination to keep the birth of their baby as private as possible is fuelling rumours that Meghan Markle, 37, might already have given birth. Pictured: the parents-to-be leaving Westminster Abbey on Commonwealth Day
Former royal press secretary and royal commentator Dickie Arbiter, 79 (pictured) told an Australian TV show that there was no substance to the rumours and that the speculation is just a case of keeping the ‘royal rumour mill’ going
Pictured, Meghan Markle with the Princess Royal during a reception at Buckingham Palace in London to mark the fiftieth anniversary of the investiture of the Prince of Wales on 5th March
He continued: ‘There aren’t going to be any advance notices and they will release any details once they’ve had time to bond with the baby.
‘It’s really a case of keeping the royal rumour mill going – a good story sells a newspaper but, quite frankly, there isn’t any substance to it.’
‘The birth will come as they said, in late-April, early May and we just need to hold our horses until then.’
The speculation grew after Buckingham Palace released a statement last Thursday, which confirmed that Meghan and Harry were keeping the birth ‘private.’
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry pictured heading to New Zealand House in London to sign a book of condolences for the victims of the New Zealand terror attack on 19 March. This was the Duchess’ last public appearance before starting maternity leave on 20 March
‘The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very grateful for the goodwill they have received from people throughout the United Kingdom and around the world as they prepare to welcome their baby,’ the statement read.
‘Their Royal Highnesses have taken a personal decision to keep the plans around the arrival of their baby private.
‘The Duke and Duchess look forward to sharing the exciting news with everyone once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family.’
The statement also confirmed rumours that Meghan wouldn’t pose for pictures immediately after the birth like her sister-in-law Kate Middleton, who delivered all her children at the renowned Lindo Wing of St Mary’s Hospital.
Dickie Arbiter told Australia morning show Today extra there was no substance to rumours surrounding the birth of the royal baby
To some, the final sentence in the official statement suggested the baby might already be born and the fact that the mother-to-be hasn’t made a public appearance since March 19 further fuelled rumours.
‘There’s all sorts of talk in royal circles that Meghan and Harry have already had the baby,’ a source close to the royal told Australian magazine New Idea.
The same source added that Harry and Meghan were such a private couple that ‘nobody would be surprised’ if the birth had already happened.
The determination of the couple to remain as private as possible had led to a lot of speculation regarding where and how their child will be delivered.
Where will Meghan give birth? Odds are split between private hospital in Windsor, posh maternity unit in Kensington and even home-birth at Frogmore Cottage
It is believed that Meghan will snub St Mary’s hospital which will mark a break with forty years of royal tradition.
When it comes to the exact location of the birth, odds are split between a private facility close to Frogmore cottage in Windsor, where the couple took residence a few weeks ago, a home-birth, or the Kensington wing of the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
This is where celebrity couple – and close friends of the royal couple – George and Amal Clooney delivered their twins in 2017.
The Sun reported over the weekend that Meghan and Harry had visited a separate wellness centre in west London for “gong-bathing” sessions, which is where participants listen to sounds and vibrations aimed at reducing tension, in preparation for a water birth.
The mother-to-be also made it clear she would put together her own birthing team and plan.
One source previously told the Mail on Sunday: ‘Meghan said she doesn’t want the men in suits. She was adamant she wanted her own people.’
Source: Read Full Article